The Trustees are Coming!
Actually, it’s probably too late, because they’re already here. It’s not Parents’ Weekend part two — it’s the Board of Trustees’ fall meeting, and ’tis the season for dining hall closures! After the jump, some tips on how to identify trustees.
That kindly well-dressed older person may be a trustee if:
- They travel with an entourage. Well, not quite, but many do bring their significant others along with them. That’s why a group of 50 or so trustees manages to take up all of New Side.
- They keep asking about how much you love the football team and/or Greek life.
- They gather furtively with their companions in corners to whisper and giggle about who they’d choose for Kenyon’s next president if it were up to them (Ryan Gosling, anyone?).
- They get a lift to a committee meeting in the Nuge’s Mini Cooper. (How many can fit??)
- They’re eating a dessert that looks way better than what’s in Peirce tonight. (Remember, the silver lining of the Board reserving prime dining space for their special meals is that we get the fancy leftovers! Cocktail shrimp, anyone?)