This gem comes to us tonight from friend-of-The-Thrill Ellen Blanchard ’12. If you want to achieve the fame that Ellen has (both through this list and her blockbuster performance at Life on the Hill) you can send your submissions for the 10 o’clock list to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. “Extendo” – To your friends at OSU and Oberlin, this is just the subject line of spam email. But to you, it means pre-dinner panini (i.e. the world).
4. “Gunderworld” – Where first years go to do laundry or pull all-nighters. (Editor’s note: Some of us also lived there.) See also: Gunderhood, second level of Hell.
3. “Servery” – When you go home and share this as the setting of many social interactions, people are utterly befuzzled by anything besides “cafeteria.”
2. “Comps” – Every school thinks this process is unique to their institution, but we’ve all got ’em, whether six-hour exams, 50-page research papers or lighting sparklers in the shape of the Statue of Liberty.
1. “My Car Parked South” – Because it is the only phrase (besides the title) in that Walk the Moon song that has any direct resonance with Kenyon students.