If you were to venture over to Palme House and clamber up the windy stairs, you would be enthusiastically greeted by a small ball of snuffles. Alf the pug belongs to Professors of Anthropology Ed Schortman and Pat Urban and is perhaps one of the most adorably docile and dopey dogs you will ever have the good fortune to almost trip over. Learn more after the jump!
- Alf is a rescue dog who was found by the side of the road, but Schortman and Urban took him into their home in 2009. They estimate that he is around 10 years old.
- Alf enjoys eating, eating more, and then, sometimes, he eats. Sleeping is a close second. One of his more endearing habits, however, is arranging his stuffed animals (which he knows by name) and putting them into shoes.
- Alf loves a good piece of pizza, but his true weakness is lamb. One time, when lamb was presented to him, he became so excited that he ran in frantic circles around the house and accidentally threw out his back, requiring an emergency trip to the vet.
- Alf’s idea of a walk is to waddle to the end of the driveway and then waddle back.
- When Alf enters a room, “Hungry Like the Wolf” by Duran Duran starts playing. Always.
- Alf is still unsure who he’s voting for in the upcoming election, but he describes himself as more of a libertarian.