The family Walmart trip is something of a tradition for beginning-of-year drop offs, which in my mind just translates into my last chance to buy random crap that I’ve never wanted before but I want now because my parents will pay for it. But this beginning-of-year-I-must-buy-everything-oh-I’ve-never-needed-to-use-a-kettle-before-but-that-one-looks-nice-I-want-it attitude ends up clouding my brain until the very important list of things I needed just falls out, only to return to my mind when it is too late.
1. A Loofah — Trying to create a big enough lather in my hands to somehow clean my entire body is not as sexy as it sounds.
2. Shower Shoes — Running back to my room with wet feet quickly slapping against a grotty carpet in fear of contracting a fungal infection is exactly as sexy as it sounds.
3. A Bottle Opener — Nobody wants to be that girl.
4. Band Aids, Antiseptic Wipes, Gauze Pads, and anything else I’ll need after stumbling up and down the stairs at Old Kenyon trying to figure out exactly where the DKE
bullseye wing is.
5. Bug Spray –– I don’t have a joke for this one. Apparently West Nile Virus is going around and I would take this one seriously.