Tomorrow is the fifth school day of the semester, which means it’s just about time for you to start sleeping in and skipping those expensive cla$$e$. If you want to fight this urge, however, at least for another week or two, consider indulging in one of these cool alarm clocks.
- The Flying Alarm Clock ($19.99) — Pro: Forces you to get out of bed. Con: Will likely smash into your bookshelf and destroy everything and/or hit your roommate in the face (secretly a pro?).
- Clocky, the Alarm Clock on Wheels ($39.95) — Pro: Clocky gives you one chance to hit snooze before jumping off your nightstand and rolling around the room, unlike that no-fun helicopter thing. Con: I’m not sure I trust a clock that can move by itself. What if Clocky turns against me and tries to murder me in my bed?
- Tocky, the Runaway Alarm Clock ($69.99) — Pro: Also an mp3 player. Con: Seems derivative of Clocky, and way more expensive. Tocky better watch out, because Clocky is gonna be mad.
- Your Residence Hall’s Fire Alarm (Free) — Pro: You’ll definitely get up when this goes off above your head. Con: Unpredictable.
- The old standby, of course, is your (or your roommate‘s) iPhone ($200 plus contract, or free if you’re a mooch). Here are our choices for the best/worst ringtones to set as your alarm, bearing in mind that even the most beautiful of sounds will become hellish after a few dozen mornings.
This one works for me: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/yumeroom/item/351924/?s-id=borderless_recommend_item_en&siteID=5d8LKOtzVlI-Nq9NDGku.vOtfOYFbQqKHA