It’s been a while since the last Peirce Date, so for those who forget, or for those who aren’t familiar, here’s the sitch: We set two Kenyon singles up to go on a blind date* in Peirce where they learn about each other, themselves, and society itself. If you or anyone you know is interested, let us know!
Get this mystery couple’s scoop after the jump!
- Year: 2015
- Major: Political science with a possible econ double
- Hometown: Estes Park, Colo.
- Describe yourself in terms of food: Passion fruit
- Ideal date: Something outdoorsy
- Best Pickup Line: You go up to a girl and say “Hey, I haven’t insulted you yet, have I?”
- Best Lie: (Ed.: Kip had many examples, none of which I can legally or morally publish.)
- Best thing about Kenyon: The women (wink)
- Worst thing about Kenyon: The women
- In 20 years you are: Married with kids
- Year: 2015
- Major: Biology
- Hometown: Raymond, Maine
- Describe yourself in terms of food: Cheese (Kip comment: Delicious and slightly fattening? You’re killin’ it, Kip.)
- Ideal date: Hiking, rock climbing
- Best Pickup Line: Someone just told me this in the servery! “Are you from Tennessee? Cause you’re the only ten I see.”
- Best lie: My height
- Best thing about Kenyon: Kip
- Worst thing about Kenyon: Kip
- In 20 years you are: 39
About the date…
Kip was the first to arrive, immediately admitting that he “wore everything I thought Haley would like: Bean boots, a flannel, jeans. I tried to be very rugged.” Haley arrived a few minutes later, wisely telling me that she thought it was very important to be fashionably late to a first date.
Haley: We talked about Kip’s new squash racket, how he was a nerd in middle school, and how Kip thinks he’s fat. If you don’t listen to him, then it’s great!
Kip: It started off really good, but then she started talking about animal behavior and ecology and I suspect she might have an unhealthy fixation with animals. Take that how you will.
How about the atmosphere…
Haley: It was a little hard to hear, which was actually great. The food was meh.
Kip: The food was the highlight.
How does Peirce stand up to other date locales in Gambier?
Haley: Kip offered to pay, but luckily Peirce is free.
Kip: Much like the forest, there is some interesting fauna.
What about a second date?
Haley: Of course!
Kip: I’m sure we’ll be seeing each other again.
*For this specific date, it was actually Haley’s request to be set up with Kip, and who are we to turn down true love?