It’s the awkward time when classes are starting to slow down and finals haven’t quite hit. It’s the perfect storm for procrastination, and the only time when excuses like these will hold up in your brain.
- You haven’t eaten dinner yet — When in doubt, always use food as an excuse. How can you be expected to crank out a paper without properly fueling your brain with grilled chicken and salted fries first? Or, perhaps, this is a Market kind of night. You wouldn’t feel ready unless you walked across campus to check out the soup options.
- You haven’t had a nap yet — This one is obvious. If you’re feeling even the littlest bit drowsy, go for it. If you’re not giving it 100%, then it’s not worth your time, right? Take a snooze, gear up, and awake with new vigor and ideas. And a little bit of drool on your chin: you should probably wipe that off.
- You haven’t checked your mail yet — Maybe your mom sent you a special finals care package! You never know. And you can’t even think about starting work until you know that your finals needs are being properly cared for. Preferably in the form of a package.
- You haven’t organized the folders and documents on your computer yet — A cluttered mind leads to cluttered work, and so does a cluttered hard drive. Now would be a good time to organize your work, pictures and GIFs into clearly marked folders. You’ll be so much more at peace with the feng shui of your laptop, and you now know exactly what folder to go to when you need to find a way to react to something on Tumblr.
- You haven’t written your Thrill article yet — This one is too close to home for me.