It’s no secret that the staff of The Thrill loves Arrested Development. And in case you are unaware, it should be mentioned that the fourth season airs on Netflix on May 26th. I’ve compiled a list of some lines (with videos) from the show that I believe we, as Kenyon students, should work into everyday conversation.
- “I’ve made a huge mistake” – this can be used in a variety of situations, you just have to time it right. Extra points for you if the other person understands the reference.
- “I hear the jury’s still out on science” – I envision saying this to my Chemistry professor when I fail the final next week, in an attempt to argue that the grade shouldn’t count.
- “I won’t hear it, and I won’t respond to it” – Again, use in a variety of situations, mostly for arguments that you will not win.
- “I’m afraid I just blue myself” – Use at your own risk.
- “Not tricks, Michael, illusions. A trick is something a whore does for money” – I don’t even know with this one, I just think it’d be funny to hear someone use in casual conversation.
- “Get me a vodka rocks” “Mom, it’s breakfast” “And a piece of toast” – For person who likes a casual drink or three during Saturday breakfast. Great hangover cure, right?
- “I’m afraid I prematurely shot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run if you will, so I’m afraid I have something of a mess on my hands” – Where was it said? On Arrested Development or in bed?
- “I don’t want no part of yo’ tight-ass country club, ya freak bitch” – replace “country club” with some student organization that you do not want to be a part of. Particularly useful at the Activities Fair. Though be prepared to receive some angry glares (or a slap on the face).
- “Analrapist” – Serious props to anyone who brings this up in conversation without mentioning Arrested Development (or rapists…)