Kenyon in the evening is a mysterious place, old friends. As I am sure you have been told, the school holds secrets, stories tucked into the cracks of Old Kenyon, whispers huddled against the stones of the Gates of Hell. The quiet befits the legends, the night befits the hush. And now as you wander, old friends, dear poets adrift in the evening still, watch where your midnight footsteps take you. Keep to the gravel of Middle Path, for do you know what lies beyond the well worn arteries of our beloved Alma Mater? All I can say is that I’ve seen through the Kokosing mist, and I know where all the secret hot springs probably are. Or at least where they should be. Or where they would be if the goddess was actually paying any attention to me at all.
- New Apts– In a perfect world, the New Apts ravine wouldn’t just be home to daddy long legs and juniors with high lottery numbers, the dreaded valley would also be home to hot springs. During the winter, especially after a long walk home from the library, turning a wooded corner to see a steaming waterfall pooling in a secluded rocky nook would melt any icy heart.
- Behind Hanna– Past the cemetery, maybe trickling below Sunset Point, but definitely out of view of 229 (how else could we skinny dip!). I know South Campus already has Spa KAC, but mineral water beats chlorine any day.
- Inside the DKE lodge– There’s a reason only DKEs are allowed inside.
- Underneath the KAC– Like the Paris Opera House, the Kenyon Athletic Center sits above a large enchanted pool, fed by thermal springs and inhabited by a partially masked physically deformed hopeless romantic.
- Between Gund Commons and Caples– Foam partiers, did you notice anything there this past weekend? That lush hill just seems like an emerald pathway to hot spring heaven. Imagine jumping off the tire swing into a large, smooth pebbled 95 degree lake! Just imagine!!
Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber is pleased by this reference.
There is a hot springs in new apts… You just have to know where to find it. Look harder.
I found it, it is a perfect world after all.
Can I join you there?
me three (3)