This post was co-authored and co-experienced by Izzy Sanderson ’15 and Olivia Grabar Sage ’15. With photography expertly done by Sage and modeling by Sanderson.
Has your face been feeling dull as of late? Acne gettin’ you down? Are you just craving some exfoliation? Well, we have a solution: the Wiggin Street Facial. We are going to show you how to shine like the beautiful diamond that you always knew you could be. Trust us, the compliments haven’t stopped coming.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Yogurt (the thicker the better).
- Honey (Agave could always work, if you’re looking to save the bees — after all, they are dying).
- Coffee grounds (shout out to the wonderful employees of Wiggin Street who let us steal their excess espresso grounds).
- Cocoa powder, but save a little bit for a post-exfoliation snack.
And here’s how to do it:
- Mix equal parts yogurt and coffee grounds in a bowl.
- Add a splash (apx. 1/2 cup) of cocoa powder.
- Finish off with a generous squirt of honey.
- Mix it all together until the texture is creamy and crunchy.
- If your face is greasy, you may want to rinse it before application.
- Apply liberally to your entire face. You should expect a cooling sensation all over. Don’t be afraid.
- Leave on for 5-7 minutes. You can take this time to make your hot chocolate and check your e-mail.
- Rinse off the mask with warm water. Be careful not to get any in your eyes or mouth–this mask doesn’t taste as good as the ingredients might imply.
- Examine your newly energized and glowing face. It’s like botox, but without the needles.
Addendum: Here are some adjectives and phrases that popped into our brains as we sipped hot chocolate with our masks on: cool, moist, energizing, rough yet tender, penetrating, dirty but in a good way, organic, don’t eat it.