As of today we have 31 days until Halloween. That means you fools have 31 days to find a costume. Or two. So try to scrape up some originality and DON’T wear something from this list. Here’s some analysis of popular costumes from years passed:
1. The “meow factor”. It’s inevitable: approximately ¾ of the female population will incline toward the feline. This costume is a bit of a faux-paw as far as originality is concerned, but you probably won’t have any trouble if you’d like to bat the mouse around—if you know what I mean.
2. Superheroes & action heroes. Fine—we give you props for being more original than the cat people. However, if your costume involves some sort of legging-diaper combo, you should probably stay in the bat cave. Please.
3. The nerd herd. Ever wonder what a quitter looks like? NOW YOU KNOW.
4. Any costume made with a sheet. If you were going for the Greek/ghost look, I suppose you can call this a success. However, you should know that if and when you return with your bum chum of the week, it might be a hair awkward when they discover that you’re wearing your love nest.
5. Drunk college student. Nice try—but drinking yourself a costume isn’t really a thing.