Sometimes I think I am attending college and sometimes I think I am attending academic camp for rich kids. But I’m graduating with a degree either way, right? The next time you would also like to be confused about the purpose of Kenyon College, take a look around one of the parking lots. And as Miracle Mahle, the Campus Safety Administrative Assistant, has told us, while 192 seniors, 101 juniors and 72 sophomores have a car at school, it must be kept in mind that having a motor vehicle at Kenyon , is a PRIVILEGE, not a right. Maybe that’s why there’s currently a Jaguar in the South 1 lot.
- 2006 BMW Sedans– Daddy’s old car that was garaged when he got a new one and then given to the kid when it was time for college.
- 2010 Lexus SUVs with California Plates– New but not too new. The California plates are notable because the car was probably shipped out from Los Angeles to Gambier. No road trips for Lexus SVU drivers!
- 1996 Luxury Cars of Any Kind– Inherited from generous grandparents or bought second hand from elderly neighbors.
- 2008 Hondas or Toyotas– Practical, safe cars given to Kenyon students the year they turned 16.
- 2000 Subaru Outbacks– Purchased by students themselves in order to haul sports equipment back and forth from the Rugby pitch.