Orientation, matriculation, convocation and inauguration all have one thing in common: robes. These are the special occasions when the Kenyon faculty dress up like wizards and preside over the ceremony with pride and prestige. Here are five photos of Kenyon’s past and present presidents looking regal in ceremonial garb.
- President Rev. William Budd Bodine, D.D. (1876-1891)
2. President William Foster Peirce (1896–1937)
3. Gordon Keith Chalmers (1937–1956)
4. President S. Georgia Nugent (2003-2013)
5. President Sean M. Decatur (2013-Present)