Ok, yes. It is kind of cheating. Nutella is an all-year round, non-seasonal kind of deal….
But when you stuff nutella into roasty-toasty brown butter chocolate chip cookie dough, bake* the dough ‘til it’s golden brown, and then sprinkle the cookies with sea salt…Who cares?
I found the recipe for Nutella Stuffed Brown Butter + Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies here. It’s super easy to follow, and you can easily find all the ingredients at the trusty ol’ market here on campus.
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 jar of Nutella, chilled in refrigerator
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
For full directions click here. You have to scroll to the bottom of the page, but it’s worth it.
So bundle up in your infinity scarves, kick back in an Adirondack (hey that rhymed!), watch the beautiful leaves fall, and enjoy some of these delish cookies!
*Warning: the oven on third floor McBride is rather jank