Here at the Thrill, we have a proud Valentine’s Day tradition of raffling off one of our fearless editors-in-chief to the lovelorn Kenyon community. Last year, it was former editor-in-chief and Thrill patriarch Spencer Kaye — this year, it’s Bachelorette #1, Emma Stanley Specter, our illustrious editor-in-chief. We at the Thrill have each other’s backs, and we won’t rest until Emma has celebrated V-Day with the dime piece (grumpy, bearded gentleman caller) of her dreams.
- When she calls you a “little bitch” it’s only out of love. Sometimes she doesn’t even have to say it, you know she’s just thinking it.
- Her stripe of white hair makes her look like a younger, female, greasier George Clooney. Or Stacy London. Who doesn’t want that in their twenty-one year old partner?
- She is truly one of the funniest people you will ever meet. Not in a “hey look at her” kind of way but in a I’m-laughing-so-hard-at-the-text-she-just-sent-me-that-I-had-to-explain-it-to-the-other-person-in-the-room-or-else-they-will-think-I’m-crazy kind of way.
is fluent incan speak some Russian, which is definitely the sexiest language in the world.
- Her unadulterated hatred of music-less singing groups (a cappella) and her deep, bordering on disturbing love of Lifetime films will make her an unconventionally delightful dinner companion.
- She is extraordinarily well read and also a master-crafter. Tell her your literary idols and she’ll make you a matching votive candle.
- Her patience with lunatic creative types is unmatched. Just ask her staff!
- Her sparkling blue eyes never cease to light up a room, even during all-nighters!
- She manages to achieve this ponytail where only about 30% of her hair makes it into the hair tie, and there’s something hauntingly beautiful about that.
- I’ve sent her no less than seventeen e-mails in the past two days and she’s responded thoughtfully (and with no hint of annoyance) to every single one of them.
- I think this says it all, tbh.