For those who do not know about Peirce Date, we set two people up on a blind date at Peirce. It’s a great way for students to connect at no price. Want to go on a Peirce date? Want to find your friend that special someone? Let us know!
It is 1:00 on Wednesday at Peirce. New Side is buzzing with excited chatter, and it’s the perfect time for a Peirce Date.
- Name: Jenny Osman
- Year: Senior
- Major: International Studies, Islamic Cultures and Civilizations
- Hometown: The Big Apple
- Ideal Date: George W. Bush
- Where to find you on a Saturday night: Tossing back flaming shots with my housemates
- Best thing about Kenyon: There are no naked parties.
- Worst thing about Kenyon: There are no naked parties.
- Your best pick-up line/ice-breaker: I’ve got a chinchilla named Bob.
- In 20 years you are: The host of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire
- Name: Henry Milton Quillian IV
- Year: First-year
- Major: Undeclared (Possible Music and Neuroscience double major)
- Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia
- Ideal Date: I don’t really have one. I believe that what you do on a date doesn’t really matter as long as you enjoy the company of the person you’re doing it with.
- Where to find you on a Saturday night: Probably either out with my friends or sleeping
- Best thing about Kenyon: The people. Everyone is awesome here.
- Worst thing about Kenyon: It’s far too easy to overcommit to activities here and trap yourself in this bubble of a campus we have.
- Your best pick-up line/ice-breaker: “You heard about Pluto? That’s messed up, right?”
- In 20 years you are: going to be making a living doing something I truly love. Not sure what that is yet, but that’s my goal. Maybe even have a family by then. That’s basically twice my current age so who knows what’ll happen?
About the date. . .
Henry enters New Side wearing a plaid shirt and red backpack. He expresses some pre-date jitters and five minutes later, Jenny walks into New Side. They exchange cheerful and optimistic introductions. As I leave, they seem happy.
How did the date go?
J: The date was swell, very relaxed.
H: It went well! It was two people meeting for the first time. We talked about our general interests, where we were from, and Greek life.
How was the other person?
J: He wore green which was a good call because he’s a redhead.
H: She was very good at continually asking questions to move the conversation along [Ed. From my perspective, they were very invested in their conversation.]
What was the Peirce atmosphere like?
J: I could see my friends watching me which threw my game off a little bit.
H: It was very relaxed in a way.
Would you go on a second date?
J: Only after Henry takes a humanities course.
H: Well since she’s graduating we probably wouldn’t get the chance anyway, but she seems like she could’ve been a good friend.