I know, I know. Packing is hard. You worked until 4 a.m. the day before move-in. You got so used to your shoes just being in your closet that you forgot there aren’t shoes everywhere. It’s okay. We’ve all been there. Unfortunately, now you’re here, you’re short a few essentials. Not to worry — the trusty Kenyon College Bookstore has you covered with all the essential things you forgot at home.
- Hair controlling devices. After spending the summer living fierce and free, not caring how gorgon-like your hair got, it’s understandable that you left a grooming implement or two behind. The bookstore has a selection of hairbands, ties, brushes, combs and even gel to get your locks back under control — unless you’d rather let it go and see what happens. You do you, Medusa.
- Shower shoes. You forgot how gross people are, didn’t you? No worries. Rubber flip-flops are available in almost any color your germaphobic little heart desires.
- Cold weather gear. I’m looking at you, first-year from Florida. It’s hard to imagine now, but in a week or two, it’s going to start getting chilly, and before you know it, it’ll be hellishly cold. Stock up now or be stuck in the derpy discount sweatshirts for all of November.
- Small appliances. Maybe your dorm turned out to be more cave-like than you were expecting, or you are less able to cope with the humidity than you thought when you agreed to live in a building without AC. Perhaps you just really wish you had a way to get coffee when all of Gambier has closed for the night. Never fear! Fans, lamps, coffee makers and other small-but-mighty appliances are all in stock.
- Hangers. Always taken for granted, hangers are one of the most frequently forgotten items during a move. Save yourself from wearing rumpled clothes forever and pick up a bundle (or 12).