Have you ever thought about writing for The Thrill? Well, you have now because you just read that question and now you can’t deny that I’ve gotten those wheels turning. So now that you’ve started Step 1 of the application process (which is “Thinking about Maybe Applying”), I’m here to tell you why you should probably move on to Step 2 (“Applying”).
You might still be skeptical, or else you’re doing that thing where you kindly tell me “Haha, yeah I’ll think about it” and then not apply. But I want you to know that I’m for real about this, and here are 5 reasons you should apply to write for The Thrill today:
- You are procrastinating on other work–This is the best possible reason for why you should apply to write for The Thrill right now. The application takes 2-25 minutes, which is really just the ideal amount of time to spend not doing your work on a weekday night.
- You have a talent-Maybe you run a 4 minute mile or maybe you play thumb piano. Maybe you’re a Classics minor, or maybe you’re a Molecular Biology major. My point is, you have a unique perspective and you should apply for The Thrill.
- You (or people you know) have opinions-Anonymous commenters have called us both “dumb” and “passively aggressively self-righteous”, and one time someone even said, “Wow, this looks so yummy” in response to something that we posted about food. Clearly you think about things from time to time, and we want to hear what you have to say.
- You could have written this list better than I have- I’m not even sure if I conjugated that last sentence correctly, and I’m okay with that. But that’s why you should apply to write for The Thrill and then oust me and write all the 10 o’clock lists you want! Doesn’t that make sense?
- Why not?–What’s the worst that could happen?