Valentine’s Day is weird. Weird people appear buying weird lingerie for their weird significant others. And then there’s this persistent imagery with Cupid–the fat love child that looks like a thumb with wings. Are you feeling the love yet? No? I bet you are feeling all forms of protection though, because seeing Cupid probably reminds you that the world is overpopulated as it is and that there’s really no need to procreate. Here’s a cocktail to help you swallow all of that:
- Strawberries (2 or 3 at most)
- Gin–2 ounces
- A sweet rosé wine–2 ounces
- Strawberry syrup (or local Yoder’s jam)–3/4 of an ounce
- Lemon juice–1/2 ounce
- Pimm’s No. 1 cup–1/2 ounce
Mix it up:
- Combine all ingredients apart from the strawberries.
- With a Shake Weight in one hand and a cocktail shaker in the other, furiously wave both items.
- Pour over ice. Or, set it outside in the snow for 20 minutes.
- Add strawberries.
- Bottoms up!