Well it’s been a while since the first edition of Mom Texts. Don’t fret though, because I have another round of inspirational texts from a loving and caring mother. Also, wish her a happy birthday because it was on the 10th!
- “Dad and I have a U2 album on our phones. Did you download that?” – Guess what – other moms besides my own are silly too! This one one was sent to my brother’s fiancee by her mom. While this would be a very understandable question back in the fall, this was sent in mid-January.
- “I’m losing my patience George. *Seinfeld” – Yeah… This isn’t a Seinfeld quote… I searched and I searched to find if this was a quote. But it wasn’t.
- “Well, the Thrill should write” – When Kate, Julia, and I were driving back home from Kenyon for Thanksgiving break, we hit horrendous traffic and decided to live tweet our standstill. Of course, the next natural step, according to my mom, was to post our misadventures on the Thrill.
- “Having a small Starbucks choc chip frappuccino – $8.” – This is how my mom lives it up in Las Vegas. The best part though is that this really is living it up for her. Usually, she get’s an almond steamer.
- “Go play with your friends.” – My mom wanted me to get off Netflix so she could watch Parenthood.
- “No Drink. Smoke. No Take dope. No sex or picking nose.” – Rounding off this batch is a text from the grandmother of Brea Fearon ’18. Brea had a bit of a cold and this was her grandmother’s advice to her.