By now, unless you’re living under a rock, you’ve heard that Zayn Malik is officially leaving One Direction. The internet has been ablaze with teenage girls crying. Like actually literally weeping, look at this Buzzfeed article. But let’s face it, Zayn is the fourth best member of One Direction and there are some things that are worse than Zayn leaving.
- Asian Beetles – Now that spring is here, it’s time for these pesky bugs to come out and start to congregate on our ceilings and window sills. They are the worst, just pretending that they’re cool.
- 8:10 Classes – It’s your own fault for scheduling a class at this time, but still you hate it and don’t accept it. I remember thinking during course selection, “Oh, in high school I had to get up at 6:20 for school, it’ll be no problem!” Oh how I rued those words last semester. You can’t stay up all night when there’s a class to prepare for in the morning.
- When one of the dining rooms is closed – Remember that one time a month or two ago when Old Side was closed for a Rush Meeting and New Side was closed for something too? That wasn’t very fun, was it? Hardly the best meal ever.
- Laundry – This is particularly true if you live in a dorm without laundry in it, e.g., Lewis, Bushnell, or NCAs. Laundry is reminiscent of the real world, which is perhaps why it is so horrible. But at least clean clothes make you beautiful.
- The breakup of One Direction – Rather Zayn than the whole band. We can still listen to Harry, Niall, Louis, and Liam croon to us their love songs. #OneD4SendOff
Expected this list to be: