College students are pretty technologically advanced, and Kenyon’s students are no exception. Many students here have iPhones or other smart phones, and apps seem to rule our lives. While the old grandma in the back of our minds tells us to fight modernity and that we don’t need an app for everything, in actuality some apps can be lifesaving. Here are some apps you may want to consider downloading for your future at Kenyon.
1. Venmno- This app, for those who don’t know already, is a lifesaver. It’s a completely safe banking app that allows you to transfer as much or little money you want to your friends. Group checks at the VI just got so much easier!
2. LinkedIn– If you don’t have a LindedIn profile now, you may want to consider it. By the time you are in college, it is a good idea to plan ahead to post-grad, and this app makes it easier to manage your profile and get in touch with connections quicker.
3. Drunk Mode– Old Kenyon nights where you lose your friends are gone. When you turn on the drunk mode on the app, it will trace your phone so you can see your night’s journey. Get friends to sign up because you will be able to find them via GPS or get directions to their location so you don’t get lost as you stumble out of Old Kenyon alone and your friends are at New Apts. You also can choose select contacts on your phone to hide so you don’t drunk call certain people at 4 AM.
4. VSCO Cam– Are you the kind of person who wants more to life than twenty-four filters? This app lets you customize filters more to make sure those future instagram pictures of leaves falling by Old Kenyon look pro.
5. Group Me– If you’re in any kind of group on campus, whether for classes, activities, or just your housemates, Groupme allows you to communicate easier and faster with a large group of people.
Any apps you think are important to have at Kenyon? Let us know in the comments!