It was recently brought to my attention that a shocking amount things in Wiggin Street Coffee are just various shades of brown. So much so that it could be argued that the interior of Wiggin is exclusively taupe-toned. Why, you ask? I don’t know. I’m asking the same question. Of all colors to pick n’ stick with, brown is objectively the worst choice. Those who remember Wiggin Ground have a more colorful, lively memory of the establishment while the rest of us have to resort to the 2012 masterpiece Liberal Arts to gain insight to what once was. Let’s take count of the cocoa colors, shall we?
1. The coffee. Speaks for itself.
2. The warm cookies (cold ones too) (but like, why would you eat it cold?). Probably most definitely the best thing served at Wiggin, so it would make sense if the design palette of the shop was built around this delightful baked good. All the other pastries and foods are brown, too.
3. The walls. They are mustard-brown. The upholstery. It’s dark brown. The light fixtures. The ceiling. I will keep going.
4. The floor. The angel on my shoulder says I should give them this one but I will not. I simply will not!
5. The tables. They are that ugly light-brown faux wood that you thought existed solely on your desks in middle school. But NO it’s back and it’s in Wiggin and you can’t get away from it because it’s all over the TABLES!! All over them!!
Are YOU fed up with monotonous interior design? Complain about it in the comments! I really want to hear all about it.