Ah, parent’s weekend. The beautiful gathering of mom, dad, and child. Any establishment in the village is packed with confused, bumbling middle-aged people. Middle Path is bustling with students and the people that created them. Class discussion suddenly becomes packed with raised hands and questions asked by people that went to college over 25 years ago. Inevitably, you’re gonna see some crazy shit from parents trying to navigate the ‘bier. We compiled a list of the most out-of-the-box stuff we saw that could only occur during Parent’s Weekend. Have a moment that didn’t make the list? Share it with us in the comments below.
- “Grandma stopped me on middle path, apparently I looked just like her best friend when they were in college. Proceeded to get teary eyed and took a selfie with me. She kissed me on the cheek but DAMN NEAR close to my mouth. No child was in sight. As I walked away she said ‘Bless you Rebecca!'”
- “I passed a mother in Peirce that smelled like she showered in gin and tonics”
- “I saw another mother in Peirce that made a wrap only of chipotle mayo and tomatoes”
- “A father sat in the bookstore, reading “Shit My Dad Says” for way too long–giggling to himself”
- “A mother, outside the Bookstore, screamed across the street to another mother, outside the Post Office: ‘You gotta get Kenyon SWAG!!!!'”
- “A mother asked a barista at Wiggins for a hot cup of coffee served in a drinking glass”
- “A mother comes into bookstore, seeks out every book about democrats, sits down with a pile of books, reads first two pages of each for an hour”