Hey Kenyon, hope you got some vitamin D this weekend! Here’s what people thought of the lovely weather and the lovely parties
“I crowd surfed, and it changed my life.”
“Horseradish, a bagel, and a market hotdog. That’s what my weekend was like.”
“I mean I had a hippity hoppity Easter”
Wow. Amazing. Now here’s some fun things to do this week.
What: Elizabeth Acevedo: Celebrating Afro-Latina Identity and Self-Love
- Elizabeth Acevedo was born and raised in New York City and her poetry is infused with her Dominican parents’ bolero and her beloved city’s tough grit.Acevedo is a National Slam Champion, Beltway Grand Slam Champion, and the 2016 Women of the World Poetry Slam representative for Washington, D.C, where she lives and works.
- Get slammered! (Don’t actually. Just appreciate the pun)
When: Monday, March 28 at 8:00pm to 10:00pm
Where: The Horn
What: Desdemona, A Play About A Handkerchief
- In this Senior Thesis of Emily Erblich, Beth Seeley, and Emma Smith, playwright Paula Vogel exposes a very different side to Othello’s wife.
- Experience the all the sensations and emotions.
When: Friday, April 1 and Saturday, April 2 at 8:00 PM
Where: Hill Theater
What: Warner Concert Series: Patchwork (saxophone and drums)
- Patchwork works with composers to build an eclectic body of new music. Formed in 2013, the duo has appeared in St. Louis, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, New York, Cincinnati, Cleveland, at the 2014 North American Saxophone Alliance Biennial Conference in Illinois, and on Bowling Green State University’s New Music Festival.
- THIS IS GONNA BE RAUCOUS.
When: Friday, April 1 at 8:00pm
Where: Brandi Recital Hall