Oh boy! We’re drowning in prospies. That means sandwich board signs at every major building, stray balloons, and tours. If I had a dollar for every time I overheard, “Middle Path is the main artery of Kenyon” on a tour this weekend, I’d probably have 2 dollars. This impending wave of visitors, however, had no negative effects on the amount of evening time debauchery. Here are some candid thoughts.
“Sometimes I forget I’m allergic to gluten and have too many ciders. Ciders make my tummy hurt.”
“I had some nice luke warm milk—straight from the udder.”
“I put in a work order for this Ohio weather. Spring is out there, hopefully”
Amazing! Here are a few things happening this week to spark some more creative comments.
What: Kundalini Yoga and Meditation
- Meditate and contort your body into fun shapes under the direction of teacher Rita London
- I hope Child’s Pose is included in the routine. It always reminds me of a Rotisserie Chicken.
When: Tuesday, April 12 from 11:00am to 12:00pm
Where: KAC, Room 237
What: Men’s Lacrosse vs Oberlin College
- Like I said before, go see some serious lettuce- serious flow-on some serious dudes getting some seriously PREMIUM GOUDA.
When: Wednesday, April 13 from 4:00pm to 7:00pm
What: “Once on This Island,” presented by Kenyon’s Opera and Music Theater class
- Once on This Island is a musical based on the 1985 novel My Love, My Love; or, The Peasant Girl by Rosa Guy. It is set in the French Antilles archipelago in the Caribbean Sea. It concerns a peasant girl on a tropical island, who uses the power of love to bring people together.
- Maybe Kenyon feels like an island to you; it is tiny, isolated, and some areas are pretty wild!
When: Friday, April 15 and Saturday, April 16 at 8:00pm
Where: Rosse Hall