10 o’clock list: Things I Want
Hi. No, don’t speak. Just listen. I’m tired. Tired of walking around pretending like I don’t have things that I want. I do. I do have things I want. I’m tired pretending like I don’t have $36 left on my K-card even though we’re only 3 weeks into the school year or that I don’t have wants. I have them. Please listen to me. Oh god, I must scream them. Scream them at you. Right here, right now.
- I want it to get cold. I am done with my jean shorts. I need long pants long jackets scarves hats socks another pair of socks on top boots and the feeling that one thousand tiny knives are hitting your face when it’s actually just the wind. I want it now.
- I want to talk to someone about my mom. I love her a lot! She has so many fun stories that people need to know. I miss her.
- I want to eradicate walking. I hate to walk. Trying to get from point A to point B? Someone carry me. Give me a horse. Or one of those Scooters. Or one of those people with Scooters. Questions for those people with Scooters: 1) where did you come from? 2) can I ride on your back while you scoot? I get impatient and want to arrive at a destination immediately. Do you know how many times I’ve had to cancel plans because I didn’t want to walk? Once.
- I want to learn how to read. No one ever taught me. People always call on me in class to read aloud and I have to scurry out for a sip of water feigning a *cough*. I can’t use Siri to write my papers any more. I can’t.
- I want to fucking walk on Middle Path. All the way–from the tippy top to the bippy bottom. Give it to me. I can’t get another email telling me how to properly cross a street. I will sucker punch that old lady who sells the cacti–she doesn’t deserve it so someone better change their attitude and it’s not going to be me. I know I said I don’t like to walk , but I will love to walk on Middle Path.
Thank you for listening to my wants. I hope you consider me a friend. I must go now. Goodbye.