Oh greetings. It’s late, so you thought I wasn’t going to be here. That’s funny. I’m always here. Every Monday. Every week. Every month. Every semester. Every year. I’m always here…giving you the deets and such about happenings and such. My knowledge of this weeks events is your communion. Blessed are you my children. Please eat from me. Drink from my cup. DRINK!!! Which reminds me of something someone said this weekend. Here are some other musings from you, my children.
This weekend? We drank sangria out of a trash can.
I stole six menus from Peirce Pub.
I had a dream about a frog…I had a lot of weird dreams
You sweet, sweet students. You never cease to make me proud. Don’t tell, Dad. Hey, don’t tell dad about these things coming up either. I don’t want him to see you having fun. You just tell him that you’re working very hard in school.
What: “American Injustice: Mercy, Humanity and Making a Difference,” with Bryan Stevenson
- Bryan Stevenson, a prominent lawyer and leading advocate for equal treatment in the courts, will give a fantastic talk.
- I don’t know much, but I do know lawyers are pretty interesting people. How do I know? Well I had jury duty summons this summer and let me tell you it was quite the ordeal. I have never seen a human sweat and orate so beautifully.
When: Tuesday, September 20 at 7:30pm to 9:00pm
Where: Rosse Hall
What: Men’s Soccer vs Centre College
- Before you get all uppity about me not reporting on Men’s lax, just know that #footy is actually in season currently and they are #prettygood
- Fun fact: I did an overnight at Centre college during which I went to a party that involved a sort of parade of people carrying a coffin in honor of some long lost frat star. It was all very overwhelming.
When: Wednesday, September 21 at 4:00pm to 7:00pm
Where: Mavec Field
What: DEB BALL!
- Its the most wonderful time of the year. I can’t wait.
When: Friday, September 23rd at 10:00pm to 2:00am
Where: Prolly Old K