You will all be happy to know that I am no longer my glittery-skinned self. Indeed, the last speck of the shiny stuff from Deb Ball fell off of my body today. I am finally clean. Bless. That’s the most I can say about this weekend folks. It was a romp and a riot and an altogether jiggle-fest. Here are some candid thoughts from you about this debauchery.
RIP to all the wigs people wore.
I stayed in for the first night of my life, and I didn’t hate it.
The scones at Sunday morning brunch made my nipples hard
I’ll be holding a mass burial and wake for the wigs lost on 9/23/16. All are welcome. While we mourn those locks, let us find joy elsewhere on campus.
What: Debate Watching Party
- Join Gund Gallery, The Political Science Department, and the Center for the Study of American Democracy for refreshments for the first presidential debate. Assistant Professor Kurt Pyle and representatives from the Kenyon College Republicans and Kenyon College Democrats will give brief pre-debate commentary.
- Ok I spoke too soon about “finding joy elsewhere” on campus because the current political scene in this country is just wack. But, go to this because being an informed citizen is a huge turn-on for many people.
When: Monday September 26th at 8:30pm
Where: Gund Gallery
What: A Reading by John Koethe
- Koethe, professor and author of several collections of poetry will give a reading. His poetry has been included in several anthologies, including Best American Poetry. He has been granted fellowships from the Guggenheim Foundation and the National Endowment for the Arts.
- As Professor Andy Grace and my intro to poetry writing class can attest, my poetry is still coming into its own *yikes* But, John Koethe knows how to do it. I’ll be at this reading gathering tips and tricks.
When: Tuesday, September 27 at 4:10pm
Where: Finn House, Cheever Room
What: “Fool for Love” by Sam Shepard
- Admit it; stage shows really get the Kenyon community going…that includes you!
When: Thursday, September 29 at 8:00pm to 10:30pm OR Saturday, October 1 at 8:00pm to 10:30pm
Where: Hill theater