The Monday Catchup
T-minus seven days until Halloween, ya weenies, so get some good rest and some good work done this week. I know most of you were formal-ed out by the end of this weekend. Let’s see. We had DKE, AD, International, AND Leaf Peepers formal. Oh. You didn’t hear about Leaf Peepers formal? Well, you missed out! It was Tuesday afternoon and people were all-dolled up, standing outside in the fall foliage. They had professional photographers at this formal, too. They kept saying to me, “Hey, this is a photo shoot. Could you please get out of the shot?” I was all like, “Sure, let’s do a round of shots!” You can guess how the rest of that situation played out (apparently “open containers” aren’t allowed by the “sheriff” or something). Anyway, it sounds like your weekend was better…
I started a game of frisbee at a formal with a pizza box.
Closed out the VI and got myself a free half-pitcher of Yuengling.
We met a cat named Daddy.
What: Founders’ Day & Matriculation
- Founders’ Day celebrates the unbroken line of people who have formed the College’s strong foundation, from Bishop Philander Chase and his benefactors to all the members of the present-day administration, faculty, staff and student body.
- My favorite part of this day is the signing of the matriculation book; it’s BYOC- Bring Your Own Crayon. We ONLY sign the book in crayon.
- My signature is in the color Jazzberry Jam.
When: Thursday, October 27 at 11:10am
Where: Rosse Hall
What: Women’s Volleyball vs The College of Wooster
- Wooster stole The Nuge from us. Watch our Ladies avenge this loss.
When: Wednesday, October 26 at 7:00pm to 10:00pm
- I bet you don’t have a costume yet, so while you’re scrambling to put something together, I’m going to take S. Ryan’s advice and go as Middle Path. Well, actually, I’m pretty set on my costume (s!) this year.
- In 5th grade one of my best friends went as a tie dye sheet ghost, and I still think it is one the most creative costumes I’ve seen.
When: Friday, October 28 and Saturday, October 29
Where: Middle Path. Set up some chairs and watch the halloween parade no one asked for. (This is also applies to the mornings following festivities)