It’s the last week of school! No more classes after this one folks! Thats right. We can all come together and just play ring around the turkey and sing songs around the Thanksgiving tree! I’ll eat some jell-o. My mom loves making jell-o during this time of year. Thanksgiving? More like Thanks-for-the-offer-now-give-me-some-jello-mom. I realize that was a stretch. What? We only have a week off for Thanksgiving? Well, I’m going to eat my weight in jell-o. Here’s what you thought about this weekend.
Drinking and eating your feelings isn’t a proper coping mechanism.
I was an unapologetic Ganter Goblin.
Omelette line date? you and me?
Fact: The omelette line is a perfect date spot. I wish the omelette line had more jell-o. We can’t win them all, I guess. If you have time, go to these things.
What: Film Screening: “Miss Representation”
- EDM will be hosting a screening of the documentary Miss Representation that examines the portrayal of women in media. The film premiered in 2011 but its subject matter is still just as, if not more, relevant. A discussion will immediately follow the film screening.
- I consider this pretty important
When: Tuesday, November 15 at 4:15pm
Where: Olin auditorium
What: Film Screening: “The Spymasters: CIA in the Crosshairs”
- Showtime describes the film as follows: “Documentary revealing the inner workings of the world’s most powerful intelligence organization, with unprecedented access to America’s spy network, all 12 living CIA directors and top agency operatives, who talk candidly about torture, secret prisons, drone warfare, alleged assassinations and the constant threat of attack, which begs the question: how far should America go to keep us safe?”
- Executive producer and writer Chris Whipple P’15 will be here for a Q& A after the film.
- The CIA is out to get me. That’s why I’m going off the grid. This isn’t a joke.
When: Thursday, November 17 at 7:00pm
Where: Gund Gal
What: Thanksgiving break
When: NOT SOON ENOUGH
Where: Your respective abode