Skip to content

Starter Packs for Your Major

December 5, 2016

american-studies-starter-pack

Majors. We all got ’em. We all change our identities to conform to ’em. Are you really an Econ major if you show up to class wearing something other than sweatpants or a suit? Probably not. We here at The Thrill are simplifying the process for you with this list of starter kits for your major. Thinking about declaring? Check the this first.

poli-sci-major

drama-major-starter-pack

philosophy-major-starter-pack

anthropology-major-starter-pack

english-major-starter-pack

screen-shot-2016-12-05-at-3-04-35-pm

econ-major-starter-pack

art-history-major-starter-pack

music-major-starter-pack

chemistry-major

11 Comments leave one →
  1. pug_expert2003 permalink
    December 5, 2016 9:22 pm

this is straight-up savage but im so happy yall did this. more pls

2. cheesychinchilla permalink
    December 5, 2016 9:50 pm

damn all of these are almost eerily accurate except for the english one which also doesn’t include any clothing? I’m not an english major and even I know that most english majors here would rather not be associated with john green. idk maybe because there are so many english majors they’re harder to do an accurate starter pack for? like idk what they have in common beyond, like, a copy of the kenyon review and the mla handbook

anyway, i love this. please do more.

• Anonymous permalink
      December 6, 2016 4:49 pm

I feel like the English major one should be re-worked as a “prospective English major.” I think a lot of incoming first years are really obsessed w/ him but when they actually get here they become cynical.

• Anonymous permalink
      December 6, 2016 11:46 pm

ACTUAL ENGLISH MAJOR STARTER PACK: Doc Marten boots, huge chunky sweater, Norton Anthologies and MLA handbooks that never actually get used because it’s all on Perdue OWL anyway, tote bag from indie bookstore of choice (Powells, Strand, or Shakespeare & Co if you went abroad), DFTBA laptop sticker because that’s the only place you can safely admit that you actually do like John Green.

• Anonymous permalink
        December 6, 2016 11:49 pm

AND A GODDAMN COPY OF INFINITE JEST THAT YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO GODDAMN READ. JUST ADMIT IT NOW

3. Anonymous permalink
    December 5, 2016 10:29 pm

MLL & IS? this is SAVAGE tho <3

4. P'15 P'18 permalink
    December 6, 2016 7:47 am

Love this — spot on!

5. Anonymous permalink
    December 6, 2016 1:23 pm

Some of the best Thrill content of all time

6. Anonymous permalink
    December 7, 2016 1:16 am

I wish there were more different types of majors listed. There’s only 1 STEM major! I’m electrical engineering and I hardly even hang out with people outside of STEM just because I don’t see them that often, so I can’t relate to any of this beside chem (and music because I’m in choir). I’m sure this is a great list, I just want more variety! :D

7. December 7, 2016 1:24 am

I wish there were more STEM majors listed. I’m an electrical engineering major (on of the few girls!), and since I don’t really see people outside my college that often, I can only really relate to chem. I’m sure everything else is spot on, I just want more because I love making fun of myself! :D

Share your thoughts on this post.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s