(A preface: I’m going to get you in the valentines day mood.)
Hello! Is it me you’re looking for? I can see it in your eyes. I can see it in your smile. You’re all I’ve ever wanted, and my arms are open wide. ‘Cause you know just what to say, and you know just what to do. And, I want to tell you so much… here’s what happened this weekend.
“In the middle of winter, the bullseye is still hot as hell. I get that the heat is a product of all the bodies in there, but a girl can dream. Right?”
“PSA: those “fajhallrahaven kargjeen” backpacks can carry about one sheet of looseleaf paper. Burn that. Get something with real carrying capacity.”
“I gave my S/O a hickey for Valentines day! It’s the thought that counts.”
Hello! It’s me. I was wondering if after all these years you’d like to meet to go over everything…that you should do this week to forget that you have work and less than a lover.
What: Women’s and Men’s Basketball vs The College of Wooster
- Only go for three pointers. Win!
- In continuing this post’s theme of love, let me tell a story. Wooster is home to some of my current and past loves. Both of my parents went to Wooster. I love them very much. My ex boyfriend goes to Wooster. I doubt he reads The Thrill, but if by some off chance he glances at this here article, I would like to tell him something. Hey Stan*, I’m sad that we never hung out over Christmas break. It was my fault. I hope your tooth surgery went well. I hope your friends didn’t think I wasn’t weird when you came to visit in the fall. Text me. Sincerely, Mia
- *names and identifying details have been changed to protect the privacy of individuals
When: Wednesday, February 15 at 6:00pm-8:00pm (women’s) and 8:00pm to 10:00pm (men’s)
Where: The KAC
What: Alicia Svigals’ Klezmer Fiddle Express Concert and Dance
- Alicia Svigals is the world’s leading klezmer fiddler, a founder of the Grammy-winning Klezmatics and a composer selected to be a 2014 MacDowell Fellow.
- Both concert and dance will include a four piece band as well as a dance leader.
- This reeks of date night. You’re welcome.
When: Saturday, February 18 at 8:00pm
Where: Rosse Hall
What: A date with yours truly
- Picture this: you come knock on my door (Old K 117). You look dapper. I open up the door with a cherry gummy worm, limp and flaccid, hanging from the corner of my mouth. You kiss me despite the candy invertebrate. You realize that was a horrible decision, because you are allergic to the worm’s Red 40 coloring. Your tongue swells to a size and consistency comparable to a geoduck, but damn. My kiss is simply too good for you to leave. Wanna know what happens next? Take me on this date and find out.
- I’m not kidding about taking me out (That means I’ll most likely go out with you if you are a male. Sorry ladies.)
- I’m a good listener and can tolerate most mispronunciations of my name!
When: Slide into my Facebook DMs and we can arrange a time.
Where: Slide into my Facebook DMs and we can arrange a place, too.