Beans. Corn. SALSA. What more can I say?
- Start off by grabbing a bowl from the salad station and a plate from the deli section. You’ll gather most of your salsa in the bowl, but the plate will come in handy when you need to slice up some ingredients.
- While you’re next to the deli, pick up some sliced tomatoes and place them on your plate for later.
- Scoop generous portions of black beans, corn, bell peppers, and red onions into your bowl and feel free to toss in extra veggies to your pleasing! For example, this can become a salad if you start with a lettuce base or even a burrito bowl if you add some rice from the gluten free section.
- Drizzle some olive oil and lemon juice onto your mixture and then grab a knife and a fork from the utensil section.
- At the spice rack of whichever side of Peirce you prefer, add in some hot sauce and if you’re feeling extra spicy, some chili powder.
- Once you sit down, dice the tomato, add it into your bowl, and mix everything together with a little salt.
As mentioned above, this works well as a salad or rice topper but can also function as an actual salsa when Peirce serves tortilla chips on nacho days. Or, get creative and send torn up pieces of tortillas through the toaster to make a less flavorful, but still usable version of tortilla chips.