Thanksgiving is easily the most delicious and complicated holiday. It is a time for family, weird extended family and perhaps some odd stragglers to come together, air out their dirty laundry and express gratitude. Now, this break comes at a crucial time as it is ever so necessary to get off this construction site we call a college and return to our homes and some rough family dynamics we were eager to escape.
- Mom, why did you unfollow me on Instagram? Listen, I hate to bring this up here, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet because it’s a little awkward! *nervous laughter* But, like, was it something I posted? I’m hoping it was an accident, because, after all, I am your only daughter and that would be, like, kinda mean. Also, I’m embarrassed I even noticed because, yeah, I totally downloaded that Unfollower app that might be giving my phone a virus.
- Explaining what Kenyon is and why you went to school in Ohio. A classic and constant line of questioning.
- Anything to do with your major. Some have to explain their double major in Studio Art and Econ and how making art is, in fact, a worthwhile investment in your future and how the two compliment each other quite nicely. Mine is political science, which solicits some interesting responses given the climate.
- Wait, so your college doesn’t have a library? Too sad to even explain.
- Discussion of the “Blue Wave.” Coastal elite family and friends are eager to share their opinions of the midterm election but your uncle just doesn’t get it…
- Justifying your decision to work for a sometimes funny, sometimes serious, Kenyon-related content blog. Is this preparing us for a career in journalism or a flex of our creative writing concentration?