What the title says.
- Flush the toilets, everywhere you use the bathroom. No, not every toilet is automatic.
- Clean off your table after eating at Peirce. Just because there are AVI staff working in the dining hall doesn’t mean it’s their job to do what you, as a decent human being, should do.
- Also, push your chair in.
- Please don’t use the gender-neutral bathrooms as your go-to place to take a shit. Some people, including me, want to go to the bathroom like a normal person without feeling any anxiety about existing. Also, see number one.
- Don’t be surprised when you find out poor people exist. Hi, we’re real, get over it. I don’t need your pity.
- Don’t rely on that one kid in your class to correct you if you know what you’re about to say is something even slightly racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, anti-semitic, or anything else.
- Try to diversify your friend groups, maybe? Like, hang out with people who don’t look/act/sound/identify/live exactly like you do.
- Don’t steal??? From the Peirce coatroom??? It’s a good thing to have that people shouldn’t have to worry about getting their stuff stolen from!
- If someone asks you not to do something because it makes them uncomfortable, don’t. And they don’t need to give you a reason. Just be a decent person and control your behavior.
- Just because you’re a cis straight white man, you don’t have to act like a Cis Straight White Man™. And if you object, then take a second and think about that.