Dag gummit, my back’s acting up again! Every time I stand up from my easy chair, I get a crick in my back that I can’t ignore anymore.Continue reading
Tag Archives: 2020
Why Doing the Bare Minimum is Morally Responsible
A universal truth we’re all facing right now is that we’re having a rough time. So in these sub-optimal circumstances, we’re all trying to make things easy for our friends and family, as well as ourselves. With that in mind, I propose a way that everyone can feel a lot better, without putting in a whole lot of work: do the bare minimum.Continue reading
The Monday Catchup 11/09/20
Wow! So election week was pretty crazy, huh? The whole experience was honestly very on-brand for 2020. It dragged on for far too long, emotions somehow managed to run high while also instilling that deep-seated numbness and feeling of dread that we’ve come to know so well, and there were a shit ton of MAPS. So many maps. And while I could talk about how HISTORIC and GROUND BREAKING this election was, I’m going to talk to you all about my new appreciation for maps, and more particularly, map guys, and even more particularly, Steve Kornacki.Continue reading
Thrill-o-ween: Drinking Game
Yes we’re all going to be depressed alone inside this Halloween but no, we don’t have to remember it. Enjoy this drinking game all by your lonesome or zoom with a few friends to wallow together. When should I start, you ask? Whenever you want. What is time anyway?
- Drink every time 2020 gives you a trick instead of a treat.
- Drink when the crushing fear of your uncertain future becomes too much.
- Drink every time you remember that it’s Halloween and you’re alone and it’s only 9pm but you’re already tired.
- Finish your drink if you haven’t cried in 4 hours.
- Drink every time someone posts an Insta pic of their cute costume and you look down and see that you’ve spilled cold spaghetti on your pajama shorts again.
- Drink for every time someone invited you to a non-socially-distanced party.
- Drink every time someone makes an allusion to this entire year being spooky.
- Drink every time you run into the ghost of Christmas past.
- Drink just because… I don’t know, just fucking drink.
- Drink every time you look in the mirror and don’t even recognize the person staring back at you.
- Drink if you’re in class right now.
Now, More Than Ever, We Must Get Fucked Up on Halloween
It has been a difficult year.
Consider all that has happened. Actually, don’t, it’s upsetting. Remember the impeachment? Yeesh. Remember Kobe? FUCK. Let’s not talk about it.
We still have two months left of 2020, most of which will surely be spent dealing with the fallout of the 2020 election (you’re kidding yourself if you think that hellrodeo will be settled on Tuesday night). And we still have to get through almost half of a semester that is probably––and I’m going out on a limb here–– not our best ever with Kenyon College.
So what can we hold onto, at this moment when the world threatens to fly off of its hinges?