We like to stay pretty competitive here at The Thrill, and a Blog Off is one way we can definitively prove that one of us is objectively a better blogger (dare we say, a better person). So we leave it to you, the reader, to decide in a blind taste test who is really better as we square off on various topics. This time around, we have sophomore Brooke Brown and first-year Isla Hamblett battling it out RE: Which virtual learning platform is superior? Zoom or Google Meet? Who will come out on top? Only you can decide.Continue reading
Here’s the thing guys, we’re not Buzzfeed. We’re different, we offer different perspectives and only really appeal to a very specific audience of people.
However, today we ARE Buzzfeed because it’s QUIZ TIME and I made the quiz literally on Buzzfeed.
CLICK HERE to take a quiz and find out what Kenyon Thrill Editor Are You? Comment below and tell us who you got! Also you’re not allowed to tell us we’re unoriginal until you’ve taken it. Those are the rules.
It’s that time of year again, and I know the question that’s on all of your minds — who am I going to be this Sendoff? Well, worry no more, because the luminaries over at Buzzfeed have inspired us to put together our very own lil’ quiz to put your minds at ease before the blessed event. (Actually, if this quiz were truly Buzzfeed-inspired, it would be called “How Sendoff Are You?” and feature a deluge of Toddlers & Tiaras .gif’s/photosets of dogs wearing sunglasses and swimming in kiddie pools. Which, don’t get me wrong, is fucking hilarious. Anyway. Sendoff.)
1. What’s your go-to Sendoff accessory of choice?
- A — An entire 30-rack. To start with. SENDOFF 2k14 WOOOOO LEGGOOOOOOOO.
- B — An intricately braided flower crown that I ordered off Etsy but tell everyone I hand-crafted.
- C — My carefully curated stack of Sendoff polaroids from the last three years OH GOD WHY IS IT ALL ENDING, IT’S TOO SOON, WHY, GOD, WHY?
- D — A case full of bottled water, a headache and a disapproving frown.
- E — That light looks really bright. Is it pulsing? Am I pulsing? I’m gonna go touch it really quick. I may or may not be back.
Check out this Buzzfeed post titled “26 Unforgettable Struggles Of Being A Swimmer” — you’ll see some familiar purple-and-white flags and Speedo-clad bods at #12. Yes, a GIF of a Kenyon Lords swimmer accompanies the entry “Going for a big start and bellyflopping” — whatever, sorry we like to work hard and play hard.
Paul Newman, America’s favorite cookie, is featured in drag at Kenyon on Buzzfeed. Some thoughts: Kenyon was better when it was an all boys school. Newman’s sparkly blue eyes do not shine quite as brightly under a bonnet. Let the Peeps have Deb Ball.
Also, here is a nice Internet piece from the Hairpin on Hollywood gossip and Paul Newman.