Kenyon students love nothing more than recalling ambiguous memories about Sendoff. Even if you spent a mere two minutes in the pouring rain watching some dude named Bas you still end up looking back with nostalgia on sitting on South Quad drinking a lukewarm Keystone. Kenyon students are far too familiar with having almost great experiences; however, as no one has yet to cancel on us this year, Sendoff seems promising.
You heard it here first, folks: Legendary faux ad executive and frequent SNL guest star Jon Hamm will not – I repeat, will NOT – be participating in a dramatic reading of scenes from “TAPE,” a theater project regarding the power dynamics of sexual assault. Though this reading will still be taking place Thursday, February 23rd at 8 p.m. in Rosse Hall, it will not include the presence of this particular Famous Handsome Boy. Continue reading
You heard me. Here’s what we know:
- Jon Hamm
- Mad Men is good
- DATE: Thursday, February 23rd, 2017
- TIME: 8:00pm-10:00pm
- LOCATION: Rosse Hall
- I think about his episode of Black Mirror once a day.
- LOCATION: Kenyon. College.
- Remember when Lena Dunham ALMOST came to Kenyon
- Me too
- Admission is Free!! Seating is Limited!!
- Jon Hamm is an objectively beautiful man.
- WHAT: Dramatic reading of scenes from Stephen Belber’s play TAPE
- What are the odds Jon Hamm smokes a cigarette with me outside the library?
- WHY “TAPE is an innovative theater project that presents dramatic readings of Stephen Belber’s play TAPE on college and university campuses as a catalyst for powerful guided discussions about consent, power dynamics, and sexual assault. These performances and the lively, interactive discussions that follow them are designed to evoke empathy, understanding, and discomfort, challenging individuals and communities to examine their own core values and pursue positive action.”
- Jon Hamm will be wearing an actor scarf.