Since the pandemic has made bringing a B-list indie pop band to campus logistically difficult, Kenyon has decided to seek entertainment a little closer to home. After beating the runner-up choice for Sendoff artist (the ghost of Geoffrey Chaucer) in a fist fight, six Chamber Singers in a trench coat will be performing for the college at our traditional end-of-semester gathering.Continue reading
This past weekend was Kenyon’s annual Summer Sendoff, and as everyone knows, this year it was headlined by Echosmith, the pop band from our collective unconscious past (probably 2013? The year after the world was supposed to end, yes?) I was there for literally all of Echosmith, and here’s what I (and everyone who joined me on this journey) experienced.
Does anyone else remember the band Echosmith??
Echosmith playing for sendoff 2019, apparently.
Ah, here we are again. Friday’s Summer Sendoff was huge a success! Sun, then rain, then sun, foodtrucks, a photobooth in a car or something, a delectable AVI feast, Pete Davidson’s absence, and pretending not to be cold. The best it gets at Kenyon :). But as the weekend fades from our hazy memories, we forget: where was it said, Sendoff, or in bed?
- His pickle is literally dripping with grease!
- I was wet for a second… but now I’m dry.
- That guy was screaming Whitney’s name the whole time.
- It seems like most of the DPHIs have access to Hanna’s entrance.
- Is it just me, or was that performance pretty weak?
- Now that I’m South, I’m staying South.
- AVI really came through with the ‘cream.
- I saw a drunk DKE ram into Leonard’s back door. Ouch!
- Honestly, Whitney really bangs.
Listen. Here at the Thrill, we have a very measured idea of our own importance. We know you’re not gonna read the blog today, and that’s fine. In fact, we’re going to take advantage of this opportunity to confess our secrets, come clean on things we’re ashamed of, and air our dirty laundry.