1. Cheez-It snacktime. When did you last enter a dorm room or apartment kitchen without spying a big red box gleaming in the afternoon light? Sure, in grade school we plucked them from wee elegant Dixie cups at recess, whereas these days we’re more inclined to drunkenly jam our entire fists into the box, Winnie the Pooh-style, and regret it in the morning, but the nostalgic, salty tang of a Cheez-It will never fade.
2. Neopets. The Neoverse is back, baby, and it’s back with a vengeance. Was it the stress of finals that plunged so many of us back into this strange little world? All I know is when I’m playing an invigorating round of Meerca Chase, it takes me right back to 2003, frantically looking over my shoulder in fear that my mom would catch me violating the strict “no dial-up Internet until you finish your Earth Science journal” rule.
3. Napping. This one speaks for itself. If you’re not sleeping through at least 30 percent of your afternoon commitments every week, you’re doin’ it wrong.
4. Crying for no reason. College is hard, man. So was the second grade.
5. Dressing like five-year-olds. You can’t walk down Middle Path these days without getting washed away in a sea of clogs, overalls, pigtails and Peter Pan collars. We are a school of babies.