Hey everybody! I know you’ve been missing Thrill playlists almost as much as I like listening to certain songs on April 20th for absolutely no reason in particular.
Consider this a re-imagining of that girl from your high school’s “vibes 🍃💨” playlist. Or maybe consider it a distraction from Hitler’s birthday and the moral dilemma of whether or not you’d kill him if you encountered him as a baby (and he’s the baby, not you). Also in case you’re wondering, I’d rock his shit.
Even if you wouldn’t kill baby Hitler, I’m very excited to share music with you and just connect on that higher level. Let’s get right into it.
- Heaven or Las Vegas — Cocteau Twins If I listened to this song on the Vegas strip, I’d have no idea if I were in Heaven or Las Vegas. It’s anyone’s guess. Notable line = “I’m dizzy so I go under the Big Dipper.”
- Time to Pretend — MGMT My brother and I’s favorite song growing up. Still bangs, used to refer to it as the Birdie Song because the synths sound like chirping birds. Actually they don’t at all, we were just weird kids. Notable lines = But there is really nothing, nothing we can do “Love must be forgotten / life can always start up anew.”
- The Great Gig in the Sky — Pink Floyd Yeah.
- The Ballad of Me and My Brain — The 1975 For when every thought makes you feel like a damn genius and you jot it down in your notes app only for it to seem incoherent in the morning. An example of one of mine being “People are always going to disappoint you if you don’t keep dreaming.” Notable lines = “Oops I Did It Again started playing. Forget my brain, remember my name.”
- Young, Wild & Free — Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Remember when Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa starred in that movie where the entire plot was the two of them getting high and also being in high school (with Snoop on his 15th year?). Well, this song was featured in that film! Notable line = all of them honestly.
- Highest in the Room — Travis Scott Notable line = Wait sorry I’m getting a note from my editor telling me I can’t keep bringing The Thrill‘s edge and integrity down with Travis Scott jokes never mind.
While those last two weren’t serious, I do have a serious reminder: No one should be in prison for weed. Hope you all celebrated responsibly happy 4/20!!